Monday, April 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday - Mother's Day

Hello everyone, this is my first time sharing for Monday Inspiration on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog! I'm so excited to be part of this creative group of stamp artists!

This month's theme is Mother's Day, I went back and forth about what stamp to use, there are so many gorgeous stamps that Crafter's Companion has that will work great with this theme.  In the end I decided to go for the Popcorn Bear, this is one of my favorite stamp lines. This cute Popcorn Bear is from the "Floral Delight" Popcorn Bear stamp set in the Platinum collection.


My bear is colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.  I added one of the sentiments from the stamp set.  My frame around my colored image is a die and the gorgeous double frame around the first frame is also from a die that I cut apart and placed piece by piece to achieve the double layered look.  I added a leaf flourish and a few handmade flowers in the lower left corner.   As a finishing touch I added a few pearls around my frame that I threaded white ribbon through.

I hope I gave you all some great inspiration to dig out those Crafter's Companion stamps and enter our great April Mothers Day Challenge


Do you want to know what stamp set we are giving away this week?!?  We are excited to get to give away one of the new Sheena Douglass -A Little Bit Different stamp sets - the Oh Duck set.  I just love these whimsical stamps and I know you will too. 
To enter to try to win this stamp set you need to be a follower of this blog and leave a comment on this post. (US Residents only)  You have until Thursday April 5th 8pm PST to enter.  Winner will be announced on Friday, April 6th.

Challenges Entered:
Paper Pretties - Use lots of layers 3 or more

Thanks for stopping by and looking!!


Dawn B

No comments: