Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pretty In Pink

I have a special project that I did today.  Today I found out that one of my favorite die companies is having a DT call and well I decided to give it a try.  The challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs Blog is "Pretty in Pink".  





After creating a Hinged box for one of my DT's earlier in the week, I decided to try one again.  I think it turned out pretty great.  My hinged box is decorated with Cheery Lynn dies.   My project uses 5 different Cheery Lynn Dies.  I used Border Carnival to go around the top sides of the lid and for my handles.  Next, is the French Pastry die that I cut into fourths and put in the four corners on the top of my box. Next is the Oriental Butterfly die, I cut this out twice and layered them on top of one another.  I used the English Tea Party doily die as my base behind the butterflies.  The corners needed something, so I used my Cuties 1 die, I cut this in pink 4 times and also in white.   I layered the 2 colors together and rolled them, then I just kinda fluffed/squished the petals open.  I added some pink pearls and Viola it is done.  Hope you like my project today..... 

Here are a few more pictures of my project:


Side view to show the dimension: 

This picture shows my bx standing on one side:
Challenges that I am entering this project:

Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge - Pretty in Pink



Thanks For stopping By and taking a peek at my creations!!!!!!

Dawn

3 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Fabulous project!! It is beautiful and shows so many wonderful dies!! Good luck and thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Kianel said...

Dawn, this is just beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week!
Love from France, Kianel.

Olga V. said...

Dawn, congratulations with the win at Cheery Lynn! Your box is, oh, sooooo elegant and pretty - stunning creation! Good luck with the DT application!!!